Friday, November 17, 2017

Neither Holly Nor Jolly

This morning when the alarm went off I thought the song sounding familiar, but I knew it couldn't be what it sounded like.

It couldn't be a Christmas song.

Not a week before Thanksgiving.

When the alarm went off it was just the first couple of musical bars, that's why I wasn't sure, but then BAM! Next thing I know the radio's belting out 'Have a holly, jolly Christmas.'

I know some radio stations wouldn't have a problem playing Christmas songs so early, but this was a rock station.

Not exactly Santa material.

Come on now people. Give me a little time to digest the turkey before you stuff a candy cane down my throat.

And you know the worst part? All day I had that song stuck in my head. I turned the radio off as fast as I could, and I can only remember a couple of lines of that old song, so basically all day it was just 'Have a holly, jolly Christmas' over and over.

It put me in a mood, all right, and it ain't festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment