Monday, October 23, 2017

The Little Engine That Could

I saw a train on the way home from work tonight. Usually that wouldn't be blog-worthy, but this one was different. It was the shortest train ever. Just an engine, one boxcar, and an old passenger car. All it was missing was a caboose. I don't think they even make cabooses (cabeese?) anymore.

When I say old I don't mean black and white Humphrey Bogart movie old. It wasn't something a robber baron would have ridden in to go swindle some homesteader or gold miner. It was more like something from the 60s, all dull grey aluminum and absolutely no style.

I have to admit, the passenger car was old but it wasn't beat up and it was clean. Not covered with graffiti like so many other railroad cars. Of course, some graffiti is pretty artistic and would have improved the looks of the car. Give it a little personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment