Wednesday, May 04, 2016

It's Official - Monday Sucks

Monday was a horrible day. I knew it was going to be bad when I grabbed the door handle on my car and ended up with bird poop all over my fingers. Then before I realized what it was I wiped it off.

Right on the front of my shirt.

Then I got to work & realized I left my ID badge at home. I called Keith to see if he could swing by the house & pick it up & bring it to me. That would be quicker than me having to drive all the way back home & then all the way back to work.

No can do. Keith was too busy, so I was going to have to drive back home.

But.

I carpool with my nephew & this is his week to drive, so I had to drive his car. It wasn't too bad. The first thing I did was turn on the windshield wipers trying to put the car in reverse.

Then I couldn't figure out how to turn them off. They were on a very long delay, so right when I convinced myself they were off WHAM! They'd swipe across the windshield again. I'd jiggle the stick again & think I had it figured out when WHAM! There they'd go again.

I'm proud of myself for figuring it out before I hit the highway.

Then I get half-way home & Keith calls me.

He's done with whatever he was doing & ready to get my badge & bring it in to me.

Gee, great. Now that I'm almost home.

So anyway, I haul ass home, get my badge, haul ass back to work, and ended up only missing an hour of work. Luckily I went in for some overtime Sunday, so I won't miss any pay.

Well, except for turning an hour of overtime into an hour of straight time. It's still better than having to use any of my vacation time or sick time to make up for it, which is what I would have had to do if I didn't have the overtime.

Then, when I was finally back at work, settled into my little cubicle, & turned on my MP3 player.

And heard absolutely nothing.

At least out of the first ear-piece. When I put in the second one it worked, but the right one was completely useless. I tried jiggling the wire here, jiggling the wire there, pushing it, pulling it, twisting, anything I could think of.

No love.

So that's how my day went.

Hopefully yours was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment