Saturday, May 07, 2016

Hold On Tight

I'm having a problem with freeloaders. Hitchhikers. Unwanted passengers.

Dozens of them.

Thankfully, they're about the size of ants.

Actually, they're exactly the size of ants.

Because they are ants.

One day I noticed a bunch of ants crawling around the dashboard.

Then one day I noticed an ant crawling on the outside of the windshield. I looked down and saw a whole bunch of ants crawling across the hood of the car.

Today they were back. When I left the house I noticed about a dozen or so ants crawling around on the windshield. I was going to the store, so I thought they'd all get blasted off when I drove down the highway.

But they didn't. I watched them all the way there. The air pressure was so strong they were bent over backward, but they hung on. At least most of them. It's not like I counted them so some might have blown off.

As if that wasn't enough when I got out of the store there were still ants all over the windshield, and yes, they were also still there when I got home.

I lifted the hood and looked all around the engine area. I thought I might be able to see a line of ants limbo-ing to their little ant hideout, but no luck. I think I'm going to put a doughnut on the hood and wait for the feast to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment