Monday, January 18, 2016

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

So, I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. Hair is one of the reasons I seriously wish people had descended from birds. Instead of ever changing high-maintenance hair styles all I'd have to do is fluff up my feathers and I'd be good to go.

It wouldn't be so bad if Keith wasn't one of those guys that think a woman's hair should hang down around her knees.

This is what Keith thinks I look like with long hair.



This is what I think I look like with long hair.



This is what I really look like with long hair.



Personally, once my hair gets so long it gets caught when I shut the car door, or gets stuck when I zip up my coat, I want to reach for the scissors.

Right now my hair's longer than it's been in quite a while, but that's only because I decided before my hair turns completely grey I wanted to grow it out & donate it to Locks of Love, a charity that makes wigs for kids with cancer. What little kid wants a wig that makes them look like their grandma?

I don't even remember when was the last time I had my hair cut. I'm not sure how long my hair is right now. About bra-strap length, however long that is.

Which is about as long as it's going to get.

I am so sick of long hair I'm about ready to cut it myself. It might not be so bad if I wasn't planning on donating it. Ordinarily, if my hair was this long I'd have some layers in it or something to give it some style, but since I'm donating it I want as much hair as possible to be as long as possible. Ipso facto, no layers.

Ipso facto, ugly ass hair with no style.

Plus, long hair is always tangled & takes forever to dry. Short hair would practically be dry before I finished getting dressed.

So, I finally decided I'd had enough. I was going to celebrate the new year with a new 'doo. Then the new year came and I decided to give it just a little bit longer. Let it get a little longer. My birthday's next month, so I decided that would be my birthday present to myself. Just to make sure I didn't change my mind again I actually went to the salon and made an appointment to get a haircut. On my birthday even. Now I have almost a whole month to look forward to the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment